Compared to overseas, the Sydney Photo booth market is extremely diverse, as photo booths become a popular option for not just corporate events & weddings, but also smaller parties and gatherings with as few as a dozen people.
As a result, there is no ‘one size fits all’ for Sydney party goers, who need a photobooth to suit their special occasion. In this article, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of the Open vs Closed Photobooth
Also known as the ‘traditional photobooth’ or ‘enclosed photobooth’, this particular style is a square like booth that uses 4 backdrops to close of all sections of the photo area. The prism structure fits the camera within the curtains, creating almost like a separate room for your photobooth experience.
- Great privacy, ideal of events were guests maybe reluctant to take their pics
- Visually pleasing, for those that prefer all the photo booth equipment and props to be neatly tucked away in the enclosure
- More of a traditional feel, most guests would have had experience with this type of booth
- Slightly more expensive, as the setup and pack down time is considerably longer
- Takes up more room, generally 3 x 3 meters. Some event rooms won’t have the space needed for the booth
- Limited backdrops and customisation
This is the more newer type of booth experience, and the camera/printer/touch screen are setup in the open along with a 1 sided backdrop. The open photo booth is increasingly becoming the more common
- More variety in backdrops, including the Green Screen (Chromakey), offering endless backdrop opportunities for your guests
- Takes up less space, most backdrops are only 2.4 meters wide, and can be setup against a wall or in a corner
- Generally cheaper, as setup time is considerably less
- Having the open green wall for Chromakey may not be ideal of events like weddings, were a bride may not want the green her photos or wedding videos
- Guests may take a while to warm and have a few drinks before they feel like dressing up with the props before they get their photos done for the whole room to see
As you can see, it would be wrong to say 1 type of booth is ‘better’ than the other, but rather each type of booth has its own purposes, and suitability for each event. At Rapid Print, we offer personalised photo booth experience for all our Sydney guests, to cater to all budgets and tastes. Let us know more about your event, and we’ll help you select the right type of booth for you and your guests.